There’s a question we get a lot, and it’s one you may have asked or thought yourself….does Brennan Candle Co. refill candles?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. But stick with me to learn why!
A little backstory
When I first dreamt up Brennan Candle Co, I desperately wanted to have a refill program. It seems like an amazing way to be more sustainable, right?
Unfortunately it’s not that simple.
The short version is: when glass gets hot, it can degrade in quality. I can’t confidently repour a candle in a used jar and sell it to a customer because I don’t know how safe it will be. The last thing I want is to give you a product that might not be safe!
So what can you do instead?
Reuse! Here’s a quick list of some ways to reuse your candle jars, keep your eyes peeled for another email with more details on how to clean out your jars.
- root plant cuttings in it
- use it to store cotton swaps in your bathroom
- instead of a box, use your jar for a gift! (throw a bow on top, it’s seriously very cute)
- pencil cup
- vertical storage for a hair straightener (only when the straightener is cooled off)
- plant a plant in them! (succulents not recommended, they need more drainage!)
- store miscellaneous items like paper clips or thumb tacks
- if your drawers are tall, organize junk drawer items
Even though we can't refill our jars, there are still plenty of ways to reuse them!